Bariatric surgery devices are medical devices used to help with weight loss and treat obesity. These devices are used in conjunction with lifestyle changes and other treatments to help people achieve and maintain a healthy weight. The global bariatric surgery devices market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2027.
There are various types of bariatric surgery devices, including gastric bands, gastric bypasses, gastric sleeves, and gastric balloons. Each type of device has its own unique benefits and risks. For example, gastric bands are adjustable and reversible, while gastric bypasses are more permanent and require more extensive follow-up care. Gastric sleeves are also adjustable but are less invasive than other types of bariatric surgery devices.
Drivers of the bariatric surgery devices market include the increasing prevalence of obesity, a growing aging population, and technological advancements in bariatric surgery devices. Additionally, increasing awareness about the importance of healthy lifestyles and the availability of government subsidies for bariatric surgery are expected to further drive the market.
Download a PDF Copy: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=173150134
However, the high cost of bariatric surgery devices, the risk of complications, and limited insurance coverage are some of the factors that could restrain the growth of the market.
The bariatric surgery devices market is categorized based on device type, end user, and region. By device type, the market is segmented into gastric bands, gastric bypass, gastric sleeves, and gastric balloons. By end user, the market is divided into hospitals & clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and other end users.
Geographically, the global bariatric surgery devices market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the market owing to the rising prevalence of obesity, technological advancements, and increasing awareness about the importance of bariatric surgery.
The key players operating in the bariatric surgery devices market include:
Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson), Medtronic, Apollo Endosurgery, Inc., Intuitive Surgical, Inc., Aspire Bariatrics, Inc., Allurion Technologies Inc., Spatz FGIA, Inc., ReShape Lifesciences, Inc., and TransEnterix, Inc. These players are focusing on product innovation and strategic collaborations to gain a competitive edge in the market.
Request a Sample Copy: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=173150134
This report categorizes the bariatric surgery devices market into the following segments and subsegments:
By Device Type
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Devices
- Stapling Devices
- Energy/Vessel-sealing Devices
- Suturing Devices
- Noninvasive Surgical Devices
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass
- Revision Bariatric Surgery
- Noninvasive Bariatric Surgery
- Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Mini-gastric Bypass
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- In January 2022, Johnson & Johnson (US) signed a strategic partnership with Microsoft (US) to further enable its digital surgery solutions.
- In October 2021, Spatz Medical (US) received US FDA approval for its product, Spatz3 Gastric Balloon, the first adjustable gastric balloon, to aid in weight loss for adult patients struggling with obesity.
- In June 2021, ReShape Lifesciences Inc. (US) announced the completion of the merger with Obalon Therapeutics (US). In connection with the merger's closing, Obalon changed its name to ReShape Lifesciences Inc. The merger is expected to create opportunities for ReShape to expand its portfolio of FDA-approved weight loss solutions and reimbursed virtual care services.
- In March 2021, Johnson & Johnson (US) launched the ECHELON+ Stapler with GST Reloads, a powered surgical stapler designed to reduce complications in surgery through more uniform tissue compression and better staple formation.
- In March 2020, Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (US) received regulatory clearance in Japan to market its SynchroSeal instrument.
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
Our 850 fulltime analyst and SMEs at MarketsandMarkets™ are tracking global high growth markets following the "Growth Engagement Model – GEM". The GEM aims at proactive collaboration with the clients to identify new opportunities, identify most important customers, write "Attack, avoid and defend" strategies, identify sources of incremental revenues for both the company and its competitors. MarketsandMarkets™ now coming up with 1,500 MicroQuadrants (Positioning top players across leaders, emerging companies, innovators, strategic players) annually in high growth emerging segments. MarketsandMarkets™ is determined to benefit more than 10,000 companies this year for their revenue planning and help them take their innovations/disruptions early to the market by providing them research ahead of the curve.
MarketsandMarkets’s flagship competitive intelligence and market research platform, "Knowledgestore" connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains for deeper understanding of the unmet insights along with market sizing and forecasts of niche markets.
Mr. Aashish Mehra
630 Dundee Road, Suite 430, Northbrook, IL 60062
USA: 1-888-600-6441 | firstname.lastname@example.org